TITAN1STUDIOS seeks an Associate Creative Director to drive artistic and creative vision in our VR/AR/MR Studio and contribute to the successful delivery of TITAN1STUDIOS’ array of in-house intellectual property and acquired licenses to emerging new media platforms and experiences.
The Associate Creative Director will support TITAN1STUDIOS’ creative and pitch process for key accounts, providing inspiration, empowerment, thought leadership and guidance to internal creative teams and partner studios.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to adapt to various artistic and creative styles and will be responsible for the development and delivery of creative pitches, treatments, pre-visualization, scripts, storyboards, motion or design tests, shoot planning, art direction, live-action and/or technical direction.
Working with the Executive Producer, the ACD will help oversee and provide leadership and guidance to a team of designers, producers, art directors and various other members of the creative team. The ability to provide a network of trusted freelancers and contractors would be considered an asset.
The ideal candidate has a background in virtual reality, augmented reality, games, design, film, television or advertising and has a portfolio showing ideation, strong brand knowledge and design.
- Solve complex creative problems and turn them into innovative VR ideas.
- Drive the creative process and empower everyone around you by providing focused and inspiring creative leadership.
- Maintain an acute aesthetic awareness of global design, media and marketing trends.
- Create top-tier treatment materials and creative concepts, ideation and lead pitches.
- Responsible for upholding values and beliefs of creative excellence, problem-solving, creative strategy, craft and innovation within the virtual reality division.
- Partners effectively with both internal teams and clients to ensure delivery of on-brief, on-time, top-quality projects.
- A master of communication - written, oral, visual and presentation.
- Be hands-on wherever needed or relevant in the creative process.
- Has the ability to inspire great creative, and successfully sell it to clients.
- Creates and supervises competitive and breakthrough design strategies and plans.
- Is aware of and able to implement the latest virtual reality and wider entertainment/advertising industry directions across all pitches and projects.
- Has an acute understanding and passion for new and future-forward design and technology trends.
- Fosters imagination, collaboration, passion and leadership.
- Acts as an inspirational leader for clients, artist, programming and production teams.
- Interacts in a positive, professional, and motivating manner.
- Ability to translate from idea to action and drive a team to successful execution.
- A passion for exploring new and innovative ways of interactive storytelling and pushing the boundaries.
- Fosters and maintains strong client and vendor relationships.
- Partners with other senior Creative team members to ensure quality, profitability, and client satisfaction
- Fosters growth and development amoung Creative team members.
- Solid understanding of VR tools, and the production process.
- Qualified candidates must have an Undergraduate or Masters Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Media or equivalent education/experience.
- At least 4 years of broad creative and leadership experience with cross-discipline teams.
- Proven world-class design, brand and client experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
Compensation is commensurate with education, experience, and qualifications, and may include performance bonus, stock options, international travel, and professional development opportunities.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume by 5:00 PM ET (GMT-5) on Friday, December 8th, 2016.
We thank all individuals who apply for the position, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TITAN1STUDIOS is a leading Canadian graphic publishing, branded content, and new mediaproduction house based in Toronto, Canada. Our portfolio of work includes projects in digital, print, TV, radio and emerging new media such as virtual, augmented and mixed reality content.
For more information on TITAN1STUDIOS, please visit our website at titan1studios.com.
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Toronto, ON
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Graphic Design: 4 years, Copywriting & Art Direction: 4 years, Creative Director: 4 years